STAR4D certified painters can greatly improve a facility's production. Trained painters learn the skills necessary to properly prepare and apply coatings. Benefits include material savings, fewer defects requiring less rework, and a reduction in hazardous waste generation. STAR4D training offers
- customized training to meet facility needs
- comprehensive hands-on and classroom training
- virtual-reality based training using the VirtualPaint
STAR4D certified painter training is a 3-day course for spray technicians. Painter training is broken down into three processes: classroom, hands-on application in the booth, and virtual training using the VirtualPaint.
STAR4D focuses on comprehensive knowledge of the entire painting process and improving spray techniques. With proper training, painters are able to reduce the amount of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs) being released into the environment, the amount of paint wasted during application, and the time spent in the paint booth. Being able to correctly apply coating also reduces the time and effort of completing rework and improves corrosion protection.
STAR4D offers two certification courses: Aerospace Technician which focuses on aerospace coatings and Coatings Technician which focuses on CARC.
Benefits of STAR4D Certified Painter Training
- Knowledge of proper set up and clean up of equipment
- Understand the importance of mixing coatings correctly
- Improve spray technique
- Ensure corrosion prevention
- Use of virtual reality training on the VirtualPaint simulator