Cost effective and environmental training system for spray painters
Developed by the Iowa Waste Reduction Center’s painter trainers, the award-winning VirtualPaint is a highly adaptable virtual reality training simulator that mimics a fully customized painting and coating production environment.
- Take hands-on training out of the spray booth and into the classroom
- Customize coatings, parts and equipment to replicate day-to-day operations
- Track data in real time to quantify painter skills
- Allows for continual practice and immediate feedback
- Completely eliminates hazardous air emissions and waste
- Significantly reduces the proper spray application learning curve
- Benefits experienced and novice painters
- Unlimited practice parts and coating at the touch of a button
- Use for hiring skill assessments and re-training evaluations
VirtualPaint® is a registered trademark of the Iowa Waste Reduction Center, which is a division of the University of Northern Iowa. The VirtualPaint® system and the underlying technology were developed by the Iowa Waste Reduction Center in conjunction with Southwest Research Institute. The VirtualPaint® system is covered by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,839,416, 7,839,417 and 7,817,162, which are owned by the University of Northern Iowa Research Foundation and licensed exclusively to the Iowa Waste Reduction Center. The patents cover innovations in the mathematical paint model and features of the VirtualPaint® system including the "assessment mode". The University of Northern Iowa Research Foundation has not licensed any of the patented features, including the innovative paint model or the assessment mode, to any other entity other than the Iowa Waste Reduction Center. The making, using, selling or offering to sell systems embodying these patented features, unless that system is purchased from the Iowa Waste Reduction Center, constitutes patent infringement.