To comply with Iowa’s Storm Water Discharge regulations a Storm Water Discharge Permit must be obtained. Storm Water General Permit No. 2 is for storm water discharge at construction sites.
Obtaining a General Permit
- Develop and implement a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
Make a Public Notice
- Place a public notice in the largest newspapers in your local area stating that you are applying for a storm water discharge permit
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) and Permit Fee
- Download Notice of Intent from Iowa DNR
- Attach copies of the newspaper notice
- Chose the length of time for permit coverage
- Submit completed NOI and copies of the Public Notice, along with the appropriate fee to the Iowa DNR
Once these three steps have been successfully completed the facility will be considered covered under the General Permit and storm water discharge can commence.