In preparation for the New Year, the IWRC's Iowa Air Emissions Assistance Program has released updated versions of its recordkeeping and compliance calendars to cover 2016/2017!
The calendar provides an easy method to track your business's efforts to comply with hazardous waste regulations and the Environmental Protection Agency’s National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for dry cleaners (40 CFR Part 63 Subpart M). NESHAP records must be kept at your facility for five years and hazardous waste records for three years.
The calendar helps to:
- Record results of required leak checks and equipment monitoring
- Maintain records for refrigerated condensers and adsorbers
- Track perc purchases and annual usage
- Document monthly hazardous waste generation
- Organize and document compliance in the event of a DNR or EPA inspection
These calendars were developed to assist in complying with the requirements for Gasoline Distribution Bulk Terminals, Bulk Gasoline Plants and Pipeline Facilities under 40 CFR Part 63 Subpart BBBBBB (NESHAP 6B). Two calendars have been developed based on the Iowa Department of Natural Resources construction permits: small bulk gasoline plants have a throughput limit of 19,999 gallons/month or less while large bulk gasoline plants have daily throughput of less than 19,999 gallons/day.
The recordkeeping pages provide space for the required compliance information.
- Equipment lists for storage tanks, equipment in gasoline service and loading rack arms
- Monthly leak inspection monitoring logs
- Monthly gasoline and gasoline blends throughput (small plants)
- Daily gasoline and gasoline blends throughput (large plants)
In addition, there are other regulatory programs that require leak detection monitoring such as the Spill Prevention and Control Countermeasure, aboveground storage tanks requirements and notification of hazardous conditions. Utilizing this calendar can help to meet the compliance requirements.
All of these calendars were funded in part by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and are to be used as guidance. If you have any questions about the use of these calendars, give a call at 319-273-8905!