Iowa Air Emissions Assistance Program
The Iowa Air Emissions Assistance Program (IAEAP) is designed to train and educate Iowa small businesses (100 employees or less) on air emission regulations enforced by the Clean Air Act. The IAEAP, funded by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Air Quality Bureau, provides free, non-regulatory assistance.
The IAEAP assists Iowa small businesses through on-site visits, phone assistance, individual email assistance, listserves/e-newsletters, workshops, compliance assistance materials and web assistance tools. Information collected through assistance helps to manage Iowa's air resources and apply pollution prevention strategies. The IAEAP works with many industries including dry cleaners, body shops, manufacturers, grain facilities and printers.
- Paint Tracker
- Formerly Paint Plus, Paint Tracker was released in October 2013. Facilities can use the free online resource to record and track paint and solvent usage.
- Minor Source Emission Inventory Webpage
- The MSEI page has been developed to assist Iowa small businesses in completing the Iowa DNR MSEI.
- Grain Elevator Potential to Emit (PTE) Software
- Determine your grain elevator group classification.
Regulation Assistance Information
- Dry Cleaner Compliance
- Tutorial, manual, forms and Information regarding regulations for dry cleaning facilities.
- NESHAP: Gasoline Distribution Bulk Terminals, Bulk Plants and Pipeline Facilities (Subpart BBBBBB)
- Information regarding the Gasoline NESHAP (40 CFR Part 63, Subpart BBBBBB).
- NESHAP: Surface Coating Rule (Subpart HHHHHH)
- Webinar and forms for the NESHAP (Subpart HHHHHH): Paint Stripping and Miscellaneous Surface Coating Operations.
- NESHAP: Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories Rule (Subpart XXXXXX)
- Tutorial, forms, and information for the Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories.
- NESHAP: Prepared Feeds Manufacturing at Area Sources (Subpart DDDDDDD)
- To better understand feed mill regulatory needs, please complete the survey found at the link above by June 12.
If you have worked with IAEAP, we would greatly appreciate feedback on how we did by filling out the evaluation in the link below.
Current Air Assistance Map
IAEAP specialists have worked with thousands of businesses across Iowa.
Assistance numbers depict the various detailed assistance efforts to Iowa
small businesses completed by the IAEAP in the last three calendar years.