Since 1990, the Iowa Waste Exchange (IWE) has been one of the nation’s premier materials exchange programs. As a free and non-regulatory service, the IWE works with industry, business, and even local government in an effort to reduce waste.
Many businesses, schools, hospitals, and communities dispose of items and materials that others can use. The IWE’s Resource Specialists work with facilities to find another facility that can use the disposed materials creating an exchange.
The IWRC works with the IWE to provide technical assistance along with database maintenance and coordination.
IWE Resource Specialists can help you:
- Identify viable markets for waste materials
- Find solutions that are environmentally-friendly for waste streams that are not marketable
- Draft and/or review standard operating procedures for handling waste streams
- Write waste management grant applications
- Get involved in numerous special programs and projects
Funded by and part of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, there is no charge to post materials or use the searches available. To learn more and access the database, visit the IWE webpage by clicking here.
Contact your area resource specialist for more information.
Phone: 319-235-0311 ext. 125
Phone: 319-365-9941 ext. 121
Department of Natural Resources